River Bespoke Terms and Conditions
Thanks for reading our Terms and Conditions. We don’t like taking things too seriously, but as a small company delivering hand made products to a small margin, we have to make a few things clear. Any questions please ask, we are always happy to help.
• “Seller” shall mean Kitaki Limited operating under the trading name “River Bespoke”.
• “Buyer” shall mean the person whose name and details appear on the order.
• All quotations are given and all orders are accepted on these terms. They supersede any other terms appearing on our price list or anywhere, and override and exclude any other terms stipulated or interpreted or referred to by the client whether in the instructions or any negotiations or any course dealings established between us and the client unless agreed in writing and countersigned by both parties.
Refund, Returns and Alterations
• As we are a small company offering bespoke, made to order products, we cannot accept returns or cancellations on any orders after 7 days from the date the order was placed or after items have been committed to manufacture, whichever is sooner. Please ensure all details are correct when placing your order.
• We endeavour to always send out quality products, however mistakes can happen. Should you receive faulty or damaged goods, we will of course repair or replace the item. Please provide a detailed description by email to: [email protected], with images if possible, of any areas of damage.
• In the case of faulty or damaged goods, or an incorrect order being received, we will ensure all necessary steps are taken to provide you with the correct item/s, however in most situations we cannot offer any further discounts or refunds.
• The Seller will provide detailed and fully dimensioned technical drawings on receipt of an order. These will need to be signed-off prior to your furniture going into production. We do not provide drawings for all items.
• The Seller guarantees the product for a period of twelve months from the date of delivery. The Seller will not replace or refund products that have been deemed (by the Seller) as mis-used, used in a context that pushes the product beyond any specifications or normal use.
• We cannot offer full or partial refunds, reimbursements, or compensation for orders delayed by the following:
o Any act of nature that couldn’t have been foreseen or avoided, such as a natural disaster, flood or pandemic
o War or government enforced lock down
o Other disaster
• Please consider the access to the location you are having the product made for. Will it fit through all doors, corridors, stairwells etc.? We can disassemble some items for easier access if arranged and will not be held responsible for items not fitting into the space required, and any re-deliveries and alterations will have to be charged to the customer.
• Our delivery provider works on set prices for England and Wales, with a surcharge payable for Scotland and Ireland. We reserve the right to potentially increase the delivery costs in the following circumstances:
o You live in a remote part of the UK.
o Access to the room/delivery location is difficult. If there are several floors to manoeuvre up, or long distances to carry the furniture, it is vital you inform us before delivery is attempted.
• Any attempted and failed deliveries due to access issues will be charged to the customer, along with the cost of any necessary alterations.
• Any delivery dates or times set out are estimates only. While we will make all reasonable efforts to deliver the goods within the time or times agreed we will not be responsible for any losses caused to the Buyer as a result of late delivery, and are unable to offer compensation if the agreed delivery date is missed or cancelled by the delivery company or ourselves.
• We will always endeavour to complete any work in as timely way as possible, but unless agreed to beforehand with the Buyer, we will not be subject to any subsequent arbitrary delivery dates requested or insisted upon by the Buyer or their agents.
• We use third party delivery companies; your contact details will be sent onto them to arrange delivery. The delivery companies are responsible for organising the delivery of your goods and may not be completely flexible on delivery dates.
• Although we will always attempt to have deliveries made in one consignment, we reserve the right to have goods delivered in more than one consignment, unless otherwise agreed.
• If the Buyer fails to meet the arranged delivery date, any charges incurred for redelivery will passed onto the Buyer, and likewise any charges incurred for the storage of goods.
• It is the Buyer’s responsibility to inspect goods on delivery for damages, please make us aware of any damaged or faulty goods within one week of receipt.
• If the delivery company’s POD (proof of delivery) is signed for by the customer, with no mention of damage no refunds or repairs can be issued for damages caused in transit.
• Goods may be collected from our Norfolk based workshop on completion by the Buyer if previously arranged, and only once full payment has been received.
• Additional waiting time, caused by the customer not being at the delivery location during their allocated delivery window, will be billed at £30 per 30 minutes.
Products, Materials and Design
• By the very nature of both the materials we use, and the type of furniture we are producing, our wood could contain all of the following characterful traits: (which are expected within each piece and for which we are unable to offer any kind of discount or refund)
o Small machining marks
o Natural colour variation
Hopefully all of these attributes will add to the uniqueness of your piece, but should you want your piece to be reduced from this type of rustic character as much as possible, please make sure to specify a quote for prime oak, or let us know that you need a surface extra flat/smooth etc so that we are able to quote accordingly.
• We always endeavour to choose the best timber boards for orders, however there will still be small knots, varied wood grain and medullaray rays, depending on the wood we have in stock/available to us at the timber mill.
• Waney Edge items are different every time and can have high levels of character. We fix any large natural cracks and large knots, however these won’t be on every order.
• We will not accept returns, make adjustments or alterations, or offer refunds due to issues arising from the customer’s personal preference on wood grain, pattern, knots, medullary rays, colour variation or any other naturally occurring elements. Natural wood is varied and beautiful and the grain can even change in the same piece.
• All wood species can react to exposure to sunlight, changes in temperature and humidity. We cannot be held responsible for changes in the wood due to environmental factors, once delivery has been made. All our wood is dried to a humidity of 8-10% moisture. In very dry or hot settings this could decrease, leading to cracks/movement; likewise a very humid or wet environment could cause the wood to warp, and joints to separate. We make our furniture with wood movement in mind; however we can’t take responsibility should the piece react to the temperature or humidity of your own environment.
• Our furniture is not suitable for outdoor use or use in bathrooms and wet-rooms unless specified.
• All our products can be made to measure to fit your space, however we do not guarantee mm precision unless we are specified to do so, and some hardware such as nuts and bolts may protrude – please allow for +/- 10mm on all dimensions. (Or about 2.5%). The tolerances are likely to mainly occur in the height and depth of the piece as we are using solid boards which can vary slightly in size depending on how much each particular board needs sanding.
• If you require an exact size for your item, for fitting into an alcove for example, please make sure to specify that the measurement needs to be exact. We can’t take responsibility for an item which doesn’t fit or is too small if the measurement is under the 2.5% of tolerance.
• Due to the nature of the finishes applied to our product, the final finishes may vary from photos online or samples we send out, but we will always do our best a get a match.
• When working to customers’ design specifications and drawings, the Seller will not be held fully responsible for issues with design, functionality, or stability/wood movement, unless a sample product is ordered or testing is paid for. We endeavour to ensure any product ordered sent out is in full working order, and to our usual high standard, however if we do encounter unexpected design issues, or need to alter a customers’ design we will notify the Buyer and reserve the right to charge.
• We will not be held responsible for any damaged caused by customers making adjustments or amendments to their order, for example the fitting of their own legs to table tops etc.
• We cannot be held responsible for customers preference to design elements that are not discussed or raised at the point of ordering, and will make educated assumptions based on the style of the product, and it’s functionality etc.
• Our finishes will need maintaining, depending on use. In particular, dining tables, coffee tables, side tables and desks will need re-coating every 6-12 months. We also recommend using wood cleaner.
• Almost all of our products leave us fully assembled, unless specified otherwise.
• All of our items are going to be quite heavy. If weight is going to be a concern, please specify before placing your order.
• We recommend that items of shelving should be fixed to a wall for safety. Please mention whilst ordering if you will require fixings, or holes drilling. Items of furniture left free standing are done so at the customer’s own risk.
• In the circumstance that an item is to be fixed to a wall, floor, or similar, it is the customer’s responsibility to check the suitability of their property, wall type, etc. Seller will not be held responsible for damages caused to customer’s property in the process, or as a result, of the customer attaching their furniture to the wall, floor etc. We would recommend the customer always use an experienced tradesman.
• Always place heavier items at the bottom of shelving and storage to avoid the piece becoming top heavy.
Payments and Pricing
• We always ask for a 50% deposit on placement of an order. The remaining 50% is to be paid before dispatch, and orders will be held until full payment has been made.
• Occasionally there may be information on our site that contains typographical errors, inaccuracies or omissions that may relate to product descriptions, pricing, product shipping charges, delivery estimates and availability. We reserve the right to correct any errors, inaccuracies or omissions, and to change or update information or cancel orders if any information is inaccurate at any time without prior notice (including after you have submitted your order).
• Quotes given by Seller will remain valid for 30 days, after this time we reserve the right to change prices accordingly in line with material costs and existing listing prices.